American guy dies trying to smoke after drinking gasoline

A man from the state of North Carolina, USA, died this week while trying to smoke a cigarrete after accidentally drinking a sip of gasoline.
According to CBS, a spokesman for the city of Havelock – city where the incident occurred – says Gary Allen Banning, 43, was at some friend’s when he mistakenly drank gasoline from a bottle left on a kitchen counter.

After realizing what he had, the guy spit out the liquid, which then felt to his clothes.

Some time after the ingestion of gasoline, the research team have said that Gary went outside and in a habitual gesture, lit a cigarette. It was enough to burst him into flames.

Crime suspicions are inconclusive, but the Havelock police continues the investigation.